Thursday, July 17, 2008

We've been sick...and don't touch me

lots of catching up to do!
Shortly after my last post Vivienne became sick with fever for a few days.
Then she recovered.
Then I started to have a kick-butt sore throat that eventually (five days too late) was diagnosed as strep.
Felix called from work thinking he had the measels or chicken pox...nope, just his first case of poison ivy and chiggers.

nice.

Then we drove up to Pittsburgh July 4th.
Then I recovered from strep.
July 6th Vivienne started a fever 102.5 again.
Our trip to Lake Erie was canceled.
Then Vivie recovered..only to come up with a deep croup-like cough for a few days at the end of our trip to Pittsburgh.


Felix's body itchy KAPUT - he enjoyed driving up to the ,burg with the ac full blast on his poison ivy arms though :)
During our burg trip he was our pink-calamine-covered "don't touch me" walking with his one arm sleeve and one pantleg rolled up .....minus the cool dance moves.yo.
something like this:











plus +











plus+
















Oh, wait there's more.
A day before we were to drive home Felix started getting a chest cold. It hit him full blast Sunday and we went to the doctor's. He's on a Zpack of antibiotics now, but only tuesday did he make it down to eat at the table..so things are looking better for him now and he's off work this whole week, cause he's too weak to do much.

This is where it gets real appetizing. I have chiggers now. I must have gotten them from our backyard Monday when I was arranging for our grass to get cut. all of 30 minutes.
Look at these cuties!















I know, how adorable...so now i'm dealing with getting these itchy as all heck off of me. not so easy apparently. The more I talk to people about these, they are very common here.
(here comes the chigger-woman of spring oaks. bad sci-fi)
I will never leave the house again here in Saint Louis without drenching myself in

DEET.

Sweet.


***better and happier posts to follow! - Vivie's Second Birthday + Brangelina News + Neighborhood Fun***

No comments: