It has been a year since Felix's father passed away.
He was a wonderful man and is greatly missed.
The first time I met Volker was in San Francisco. Volker, Karin, Kathi and Felix were to pick me up from work downtown. My first memory was of him waving (and basically leaning) out of the passenger side window flagging me down - he had a big smile on his face and gave me a hug. (Isn't that the best possible situation to meet a future in-law?) He loved traditions - like lighting the Christmas Tree candles and giving eloquent and witty toasts. I remember his laugh. He was very intelligent, a deep thinker and a masterful fun teacher.
On several occasions he played math quiz games during meals..which made me nervous being that arithmetic is a fear of mine.- but it was good fun.
A warm, kind, loving man and I am so grateful to have had the time in Germany to be with him and Felix's family.
I think of him often. It is so easy to be reminded, Vivienne has the "flory-mouth" florymund. The way she purses her lips out when she is thinking or when she is sleeping is my opinion an exact copy of Volker's.
I see all of her grandparents in her actually. That is a beauty of Vivie. Again, I am so thankful to have known Volker. We miss him.
He was a wonderful man and is greatly missed.
The first time I met Volker was in San Francisco. Volker, Karin, Kathi and Felix were to pick me up from work downtown. My first memory was of him waving (and basically leaning) out of the passenger side window flagging me down - he had a big smile on his face and gave me a hug. (Isn't that the best possible situation to meet a future in-law?) He loved traditions - like lighting the Christmas Tree candles and giving eloquent and witty toasts. I remember his laugh. He was very intelligent, a deep thinker and a masterful fun teacher.
On several occasions he played math quiz games during meals..which made me nervous being that arithmetic is a fear of mine.- but it was good fun.
A warm, kind, loving man and I am so grateful to have had the time in Germany to be with him and Felix's family.
I think of him often. It is so easy to be reminded, Vivienne has the "flory-mouth" florymund. The way she purses her lips out when she is thinking or when she is sleeping is my opinion an exact copy of Volker's.
I see all of her grandparents in her actually. That is a beauty of Vivie. Again, I am so thankful to have known Volker. We miss him.








No comments:
Post a Comment